Industries & Applications - Power Energy
Title: Aux Boiler System
Industry: Power, Cement, Steel
Process automation can make a major contribution to improving plant efficiency. To increasing availability, increasing efficiency, and controlling emissions is a major requirement of the power industry today, and its importance will grow in the future. This causes industrial organizations to purchase control and instrumentation systems first on price, so that organization is able to control, monitor the complete plant remotely with ease access.
We are committed to provide solutions to its customers as “start with, live with, and grow with”. In order to help operations in industry and realize a greater value, lower cost-of-ownership from their automation technology investments. This approach is applicable to end users in particular & developing regions, which are increasingly concerned about the long-term costs of maintaining their control systems assets. Compact Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) to meet the needs of customers with a wide range of industrial infrastructure projects.
The Master Logic solution provides the versatility and low cost commonly associated with PLCs and augments it with a global support network and the ability to integrate with the industry’s newest control systems-Experion-HS. A versatile line-up of I/O modules and networking options enables flexibility in how the controller fits into an entire automation scheme. The Master Logic (ML PLC) & EPKS Control system integration enables to read/write PLC data and monitor PLC alarms and events from Experion Station. Master Logic is designed to bring power and robustness to very high-speed logic, interlock and sequencing applications. Using the Experion-HS SCADA system we can generate the graphical (Standard/Customized) representation as per the application requirement.
Activities comes under the Engineering solution of each control system –
- Engineering Documentation (HDM,I/O Assignment, System Architecture)
- Software development (Control logic, Graphics, Database, Alarm management)
- FAT (Factory Acceptance Test)-Visual inspection & testing of hardware
- Site Commissioning
- SAT (Site Acceptance Test)-operation & maintenance Training, Handover etc.
Here is the detail of all above-mentioned packages that are controlled & operated from ML PLC & Experion-HS SCADA
Application: Aux Boiler System
There are some applications like heating of secondary fuel (HFO/HPS) during initial startup of the plant. If all the units of a powerhouse are not running, then none of the boiler is running & the steam is not available anywhere in the plant. Under such a situation, Package boiler is started to generate steam & this steam is used for all application till the main plant boiler start producing steam. Once the main plant boiler start producing steam, the package boiler is stopped.
- Water and Steam System
- Air and Flue gas
- Deaerator and Feed Pump System
- N2 Inerting system
- Oil firing system
Benefits of Automation /Control system for various applications -
- Monitor & Control the entire system from control room.
- Live status from the field.
- Interface option to communicate with third-party devices using user-defined protocol.
- Enhanced redundancy features including fast switchover time, high-speed synchronization and dual ring topology option.
- Flexibility of network options (Fast Ethernet, Modbus ASCII/RTU/TCP)
- Variety of I/O modules including channel-to-channel isolation
- Robust diagnostics (system/error logs, system monitoring, network monitoring, ping test, frame monitor)
- Tight integration with Experian HS via dedicated protocol
- Integrated programming and engineering environment with Soft Master.