Industries & Applications - Power Energy
Title: Condensate Polishing Unit Plant (CPU)
Industry: Power, Cement, Steel
CPU is employed to prevent return steam condensate contaminants and corrosion products from entering into the Turbine / Boiler. CPP overall reduces the operating cost of power plant by improving its efficiency. These systems are used mainly in large size power plants to increase the overall boiler efficiency by polishing the condensate thereby making it fit for recycling. The improved quality of condensate duly polished reduces scale formation inside the boiler tubes, which in turn results in higher steam generation and effects better economics.Process automation can make a major contribution to improving plant efficiency. To increasing availability, increasing efficiency, and controlling emissions is a major requirement of the power industry today, and its importance will grow in the future. This causes industrial organizations to purchase control and instrumentation systems first on price, so that organization is able to control, monitor the complete plant remotely with ease access.
We are committed to provide solutions to its customers as “start with, live with, and grow with”. In order to help operations in industry and realize a greater value, lower cost-of-ownership from their automation technology investments. This approach is applicable to end users in particular & developing regions, which are increasingly concerned about the long-term costs of maintaining their control systems assets. Compact Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) to meet the needs of customers with a wide range of industrial infrastructure projects.
The Master Logic solution provides the versatility and low cost commonly associated with PLCs and augments it with a global support network and the ability to integrate with the industry’s newest control systems-Experion-HS. A versatile line-up of I/O modules and networking options enables flexibility in how the controller fits into an entire automation scheme. The Master Logic (ML PLC) & EPKS Control system integration enables to read/write PLC data and monitor PLC alarms and events from Experion Station. Master Logic is designed to bring power and robustness to very high-speed logic, interlock and sequencing applications. Using the Experion-HS SCADA system we can generate the graphical (Standard/Customized) representation as per the application requirement.
Activities comes under the Engineering solution of each control system –
- Engineering Documentation (HDM,I/O Assignment, System Architecture)
- Software development (Control logic, Graphics, Database, Alarm management)
- FAT (Factory Acceptance Test)-Visual inspection & testing of hardware
- Site Commissioning
- SAT (Site Acceptance Test)-operation & maintenance Training, Handover etc.
Here is the detail of all above-mentioned packages that are controlled & operated from ML PLC & Experion-HS SCADA
Application: CPU (Condensate Polishing Unit)
Condensate polishing typically involves ion exchange technology for the removal of trace dissolved minerals and suspended matter. During the process of steam generation in power plants, the steam cools and condensate forms. The condensate is collected and then used as boiler feed water. Prior to re-use, the condensate must be purified or "polished", to remove impurities (predominantly silica oxides and sodium) which have the potential to cause damage to the boilers, steam generators, reactors and turbines. Dissolved (i.e. silica oxides) and suspended matter (ex. iron oxide particulates from corrosion, also called 'crud'), as well as other contaminants, which can cause corrosion and maintenance issues are effectively removed by condensate polishing treatment.
To polish the condensate water there will some valve sequence during service & regeneration operation, Respective Valves, drives will open/close, Start/stop according to sequence logic:
Benefits of Automation /Control system for various applications -
- Monitor & Control the entire system from control room.
- Live status from the field.
- Interface option to communicate with third-party devices using user-defined protocol.
- Enhanced redundancy features including fast switchover time, high-speed synchronization and dual ring topology option.
- Flexibility of network options (Fast Ethernet, Modbus ASCII/RTU/TCP)
- Variety of I/O modules including channel-to-channel isolation
- Robust diagnostics (system/error logs, system monitoring, network monitoring, ping test, frame monitor)
- Tight integration with Experian HS via dedicated protocol
- Integrated programming and engineering environment with Soft Master.