Industries & Applications - Power Energy
Title: Fuel Oil System
Industry: Power, Cement, Steel
Fuel oil is required for many industries to run the plant and for that fuel has to storage and used wherever it required. This demand is spurring new applications for software products, intelligent control systems, low-consumption components and services. Process automation can make a major contribution to improving plant efficiency. To increasing availability, increasing efficiency, and controlling emissions is a major requirement of the power industry today, and its importance will grow in the future. This causes industrial organizations to purchase control and instrumentation systems first on price, so that organization is able to control, monitor the complete plant remotely with ease access.
We are committed to provide solutions to its customers as “start with, live with, and grow with”. In order to help operations in industry and realize a greater value, lower cost-of-ownership from their automation technology investments. This approach is applicable to end users in particular & developing regions, which are increasingly concerned about the long-term costs of maintaining their control systems assets. Compact Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) to meet the needs of customers with a wide range of industrial infrastructure projects.
The Master Logic solution provides the versatility and low cost commonly associated with PLCs and augments it with a global support network and the ability to integrate with the industry’s newest control systems-Experion-HS. A versatile line-up of I/O modules and networking options enables flexibility in how the controller fits into an entire automation scheme. The Master Logic (ML PLC) & EPKS Control system integration enables to read/write PLC data and monitor PLC alarms and events from Experion Station. Master Logic is designed to bring power and robustness to very high-speed logic, interlock and sequencing applications. Using the Experion-HS SCADA system we can generate the graphical (Standard/Customized) representation as per the application requirement.
Activities comes under the Engineering solution of each control system –
- Engineering Documentation (HDM,I/O Assignment, System Architecture)
- Software development (Control logic, Graphics, Database, Alarm management)
- FAT (Factory Acceptance Test)-Visual inspection & testing of hardware
- Site Commissioning
- SAT (Site Acceptance Test)-operation & maintenance Training, Handover etc.
Here is the detail of all above-mentioned packages that are controlled & operated from ML PLC & Experion-HS SCADA
Application: Fuel Oil System
Fuel Oil unloading system consist of Storage & Day tanks which receives the fuel oil from fuel unloading terminal and serves as the supply reservoir to Fuel oil pumps pumping oil to Main Boiler.
Fuel Oil HandlingSystem consists of unloading hose, decanting and transfer facilities, pumping And heating unit (if applicable), bulk storage tank used for unloading the fuel from tankers/wagons through hoses.
Benefits of Automation /Control system for various applications -
- Monitor & Control the entire system from control room.
- Live status from the field.
- Interface option to communicate with third-party devices using user-defined protocol.
- Enhanced redundancy features including fast switchover time, high-speed synchronization and dual ring topology option.
- Flexibility of network options (Fast Ethernet, Modbus ASCII/RTU/TCP)
- Variety of I/O modules including channel-to-channel isolation
- Robust diagnostics (system/error logs, system monitoring, network monitoring, ping test, frame monitor)
- Tight integration with Experian HS via dedicated protocol
- Integrated programming and engineering environment with Soft Master.